View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #149
Anthony
Banned

Violators definitely imrpoved our offense this offseason, bringing in a monster bat in 3B Authur Summers and nabbing OF Samaripa out of free agency. we took a step back on our pitching staff, which may be why we don't win a championship, but with the ability to score many runs in a game you don't necessarily need 1990's Pedro Martinez as your pitcher to stay in the game. Violators are shaping up to be more like 2007 Colorado Rockies - our sheer ability to score runs will overshadow our weakness in pitching. scoring is more fun anyway. chicks dig runs.

i think the key to this year is moving OF Joe Smith out of the top of the lineup. strikes out too much, doesn't garner enough walks. i like his excellent contact so i'll look for him to kinda "move things along" as i say for the guys who can get on base more consistently. i just want guys on base and Smith to knock in singles and allow my team's natural speed to do what it do. it sucks cuz Smith is just so friggin fast and having him sacrifice at-bats means less steals, but we haven't done anything in this league yet so you gott keep tinkering till you find something right. i don't know of many teams in my conference that has, on paper, some of the bats i do. i have 4 legitimate threats in my lineup, possibly 5 if i can limit the negative aspects of Smith.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote