View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 07:45 PM   #70
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Chief in looking at the game I do know whats going on with Mcintosh. You signed him to a 1 year 1,658,400. So what happens when he doesnt have any MLB experience is (when you stick him directly on your MLB roster) his contract rolls over at that salary until he hits his arb years. If you put him in AAA that 1 year deal is just like a bonus. He would have got paid that 1.65 deal that season, and the following year it turns into a minor league deal and if you bring him up to the MLB team he would make 190k.

Im also going to assume this is the case for Gonzalez. He has only been on a MLB team once and it was this year. The history is messed up for him so I cant tell for sure as id really like to see when you signed him and what value it was for, but it seems to follow the same principal as Mcintosh and all the other guys I have done this with. I know this happened with Mcintosh as I bid on him a few years ago and he ended up with you.

Also, If you signed him for a 1 year deal for 8 point whatever mil, and then had an option of 17 mil and you voided, I can easily see how OOTP would just roll back over the 8 point whatever mil as that was his salary.

Just in case and to head off any potential problems, I posted this back on the main board a while ago so it was public knowledge...

I have no problem if that's the case. What annoys me is that in the salary report before the season turned over, it said he was going to get the min sal, and so would McIntosh. I might have made different decisions if I wasn't getting dicked around by the sal report.

And, BTW, I signed McIntosh to a three year deal, last year team option, FWIW. Not sure where you're seeing the one year. I signed Gonzalez last offseason for a two year deal, with the second at a team option.

Also, incidentally, I agree with ekcut that if we choose to remove this type of contract, I would support that. I thought the option was common knowledge. Heck, I have even espoused its usage on a number of occasions to anyone who would listen.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote