View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 09:18 PM   #697
hoopsguy
General Manager

It was an eventful day, as the forces of Apocalypse were spread in multiple directions. Alliances were formed, the seeds of suspicion were sown, but in the end IronFist was the man who drew the most attention.

"He is as likely a traitor as any!" said Jean Grey, as she launched an attack and was joined by Kang. However, Iron Fist moved with lightning reflexes and evaded both attacks! In a rapid movement, he shattered the body armor of Dr. Doom - leaving him vulnerable to assaults from Mr. Fantastic, Firebird, NickFury, and the Human Torch. Many of those foes would not have been able to touch Doom through his armor, but with it in shambles they lay waste to the self-styled Lord of Latveria.

"No - my face! None shall see my face. Begone, you vermin - I live and will have vengeance upon each of you." Doom is all kinds of hurt, but still alive and ill-tempered.

Meanwhile, the Human Torch finds himself under attack from both Colossus and Silver Samurai. The armored one lays a mighty blow upon the flaming form of Johnny Storm, crushing his chest while Silver Samurai stabs him with his blade. But this one does not fall either.

Back to IronFist, who can't dodge all of the attacks aimed at him. GhostRider connects with his flaming chain, burning the martial artist. Cable reveals his psionic weapon and pierces IronFist. Vision strikes him with a solar beam, ProfessorX continues the mental assault, and Nightcrawler quick-teleports him, removing the last of his energy.

Nightcrawler looks at the battered body of IronFist, who is phsyically and spiritually wrecked, while holding onto the last vestiges of consiousness. "This one lives - amazing".

Hulk and Apocalypse trade might blows, with your Lord and Master realizing that a direct assault on the green giant is not the true path to survival.

No deaths - damage report to follow.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote