View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #2618
HenryPym
Mascot

I'm not quite sure what to make of Bonita's claim on Beast. On one hand her immunity to radiation and other descriptions of her powers are consistent with published information about her. On the other, her claims about Beast's radioactive fangs are not. Though he is more catlike than human depending on which point in his life (storyline) he is at. And we have no idea what powers Khonsu may have given him if he is indeed serving him.

Her claim about Nightcrawler seemed completely out of left field when she made it, if only because I think I can safely say she was on no one's suspect list at the time. Had Emma Frost (who we know to be a loyalist now) not backed up what she said, we likely would have lynched her already. So it seems very odd that she would "out" herself like that when the rebels clearly had us completely confused as to their identity.

And I find it interesting that she was not attacked or interfered with in any way that we know of one full day after she made claims that she had seer-like powers. Perhaps the rebels thought she might be guarded/watched and waited a day, which would be dangerous. Perhaps she is one of them. And I also find it suspect that she did not know she was dead/dying and needed to be told by the mods.

As for Beast's claim that we should not suspect him because of the energy spent on the Galactus mission, well that energy was completely recoverable at night, and we all want Galactus driven off, so that hardly makes you stand out as loyal to Doom. Your doing more damage against the rebels in the Sentinels mission is a stronger claim of course, but I believe you might have done 2 points in that mission as I myself did in that mission and was listed as doing more in that mission than most as well.

I think leaving Beast alone today is dangerous because it gives the rebels another day with all of their members intact if he is indeed a rebel. And if Firebird is indeed still with us tomorrow as she claims she will be I believe if understand her post correctly, then we are at the same dilemna we are at now-believe Beast or believe Firebird.

So at this point I do not know who to believe, but I do believe some actiion should be taken against one of them to test the truth of Firebird's claim.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote