View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 02:13 AM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heheh.

WOW.

Someone call the folks at the Big 12 Championship game? Tell em the 12th man is a comin!

Thanks to 178 yards rushing lead by Goodison's 113 yard day, and a power 40 yard TD run by Lane, the Texas A&M Aggies defeated rival Texas AT Texas 26-7 to win the Big 12 South. They will play Missouri in the Big 12 Championship game with a guaranteed BCS spot for the winner.

The good thing for A&M in this game was that Colt McCoy was not quite ready to play (out for one more week). They actually scored the first TD, and their fans were LOUD (first time all season, I was getting squiggly lines when I viewed my play). But we went on a LONG 18 play drive, complete with THREE fourth down conversions (all of them were 4th and inches, 2 of which we ran for with Goodison, 1 we got the QB sneak with McGee) and tied it up, and then we started playing mind games with the backup Texas QB, daring them to throw against us.. And they just couldn't.

Lane made his big run:

to give us a 14-7 lead. They couldn't do anything with it, and we marched down, and kicked a 40 or so yard FG with seconds to play in the half to make it 17-7.

Second half was straight ball control. Goodison and Lane were sent out to chew up some clock, and they did. We scored a third TD to make it 24-7.

They were in catch-up mode, and with their backup QB in the game, (12-24, 3 INT), it just couldn't happen. We get a late game safety for the final margin of the victory.

Ahem: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edit: Actually, I should say that I am somewhat sorry that Raiders Army, who kicked my butt 30-10 earlier in the year, didn't have a chance to go win the title, considering the asskicking he laid on me earlier, he deserved it more then I did, and if I lost and he beat Oklahoma, he would've won the South according to my calculations. But right now I'm just celebrating

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-15-2008 at 02:16 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote