View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #22
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Oh cool. Forgot about him. He is a good kid but not quite the level of talent we needed at the time. There were a few that thought he was the future at guard and we weren't developing him by giving him enough PT, but I think most of us realized he didn't have what it takes at the SEC level. That said, he was pretty good at distributing while he was here, just turnover prone. No idea what his upside is, but he could definitely be a nice addition for your team.

I could be more vague if you'd like.

I mean really, if there were even a few people that thought he could be the future at Guard at an SEC school that's good news for us. We are a team that has consistently fell in the bottom 1/3 of a league that is a 1 bid, sometimes 2 bid, league. Yeah, we've had some high profile teams with upsets (with George Mason of course being the poster child), but again - bottom 1/3.

We had a breakout year last year (went to the conference final) and only lost one major contributor. What was one of our biggest problems? No true PG. If McCurdy could step into our offense and distribute, that is pretty huge for us. Frees up our best shooter from having to be the distributor.

Anyway - for me.

I'm very excited about the CAA season this year. There's a lot of young talent and some traditional doormats (like W&M) are trying to make a move this year. It's always a fun league to follow imo as the talent is quite good, even though not Major level. You can always get a good seat and we have 4 schools in VA so going to away games is very manageable. I generally go to all W&M home games and 3 or 4 away games a year - and then spend the entire weekend in Richmond, VA for the conference tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote