View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 11:40 PM   #195
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Someone asked via PM basically how much time would be involved for someone volunteering to join the Hall of Fame committee. I don't expect anyone to need to have to do a whole bunch of research or have players memorized. It also is not important that you had been here since the start either.

Sure most of the first batch of players might be before some of the newer owner's time.. but it will only be another month or two before the players you are familiar with or possibly had on your team start showing up. As for stats and details, I won't need anyone to do much research at all as I have all of the stats and information about players that will be available to the committee. Basically I am looking for a few people who can provide alternate opinions based on which players should or should not get in based on the information given.

I plan on providing to the Hall of Fame committee all of the standard career stats for the players as well as how many seasons they were among the league leaders in various stats. I'll have the Hall of Fame monitor, Hall of Fame standard , grey ink test and black ink test numbers for them all as well. I'll also have information regarding any awards or allstar teams the player was voted for. Then each member of the committee can choose which they feel are most important when deciding which players should or should not get in.

So if interested, just let me know. I'll have most of the info spoon fed to you. just want extra opinions from people interested in the process

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote