View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Tigers enter a strange offseason. I think they'll be a .500 team next season as presently constructed, but they don't want to increase payroll.

Ideally they'd sign Chad Cordero to a minor league deal and see what he has left, or even an incentive laden deal with a club option. Ditto for Jason Varitek. I don't like him but if he can come here and platoon with Dusty Ryan, and help the Staff, well it's better then Inge. Again, it'd have to be an incentive laden deal but I doubt Boras does it.

The big story is will they deal Maggs. I hope so because we need to get younger and he is the most valuable commodity not named Miggy, Granderson , Verlander or Porcello. Magglio to Anaheim makes sense, especially if Tex leaves. He can do their OF/DH rotation with Vlad. Would they do Magglio for Wood/Adenhart? Probably not but that is the kind of deal the Tigs need.

Beyond that, who knows. They might go after Fuentes, but hes the only big time FA I can see them going for, and evne then I don't like it. We'll see though.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote