View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #14
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I think Snider is already a better ML hitter than Lind. He's just that talented. I do agree that the Jays need to add another outfield bat to avoid relying on their young guys too soon but, then again, what exactly are they relying on them to do? It's not like the Jays have a shot at anything the next few years anyway. Toronto is a few years away from a contending team anyway, what with the lack of offense in that lineup and the way the coaching staff mismanaged pitchers the last few years, so they might as well go into a full rebuild.

We'll have to disagree on that one. A healthy squad next year with a couple smart moves during the offseason isn't very far off. Even going the route of starting Snider over Lind in LF, if they opened the season with:

Hill, Rios, Wells, DH, Rolen, Overbay, Snider, Barajas, MacDonald

This sort of lineup would only get a bonus if Rios develops a power stroke and the hope would be that Snider or Lind would develop well enough to eventually take the 5 spot over from Rolen (or even Overbay in that spot to split up the left handed bats). Given their performance since Cito took over I see no reason not to expect results from the team.

I'll probably be disappointed in the end, but I don't think they're that far off.