View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #27
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
First thing to discuss, I say is, how much do we care about how many titles a player won? Post-season stats? I guess we have a ton of data, but given a lot of these guys are dudes who are pioneers of the league who might not otherwise make the "smell" test in future years, I say we need to consider all of the factors.

Thoughts?

I don't personally view postseason stats or titles or such as anything special other than perhaps good things to help me decide on someone who might otherwise be just on the edge of getting in, but needing a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Dola --
The final ballot will have 10 guys on it. We need to come up with a percentage that will determine which guys get carried over to get voted on next year, too. I'm open to ideas on that.

What is the % need of votes to make it into the hall? I think the % that will allow a player to carry over to the next ballot should be a slight bit lower than that so it can be a reasonable possibility that enough people might change their mind to allow them to get in the next year.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote