View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #135
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
While I process all of the transactions and everything, a couple of league notes.

As previously mentioned, the At Large Board position is up for re-nomination this season. I want to handle the nominations a bit different though this year. Instead of making a seperate thread for it, please send either nominations or if you are volunteering for the position to me in a PM. I'll put up a vote with every nominated/volunteered owner that is willing to do it. There is no rule against Tim serving again in the position, or any past member running for the spot.

Also, important for future team planning. Starting in 1987, the League will be switching to a livelier baseball that is wound a bit tighter. The change of baseball is expected to increase the amount of offense that currently is seen in the league. (I'll post actual numbers of the changes for people interested in understanding how the league modifiers are changing later tonight.) This obviously has several years before it will be implemented, but a change of this nature should be well advertised as it might affect strategy for teams.

Hmm...is that separate from adjusting parks? The CL is notoriously pitcher-friendly still. If that ever moves back to the middle, the explosion in offense could be, well, explosive.

Especially since the best players are in that league.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote