View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #355
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Woohoo!

I enjoyed it, but then, the winners tend to enjoy games. I can certainly understand the randomness getting to people, and we wolves did catch some breaks with the rolls.

Probably the big time key roll was when Danny was killed. He said he was considering scanning me, and I certainly would have been on the list. And I think path would have been on his list, too. Also, that was when we truly only had the 40% shot at him. The previous rolls, it wasn't so much luck, as we already knew two roled players, so had an 80% chance on the first day of grabbing a roled player, and we felt we were pretty comfortable on Day Two as well, because all three options were hurting us, even though we only had a 40% chance of getting a roled player (which we did).

I would also argue that BK buying it on Day One helped the village a little, because it removed a guy who would have been another possible wolf, and that was a pretty unlikely roll (most unliekly of the game, I think).

All that said, yeah, we clearly had some luck. I give us points, really, that we made the right decisions, but that's about it.

I got a lot of leverage out of voting for path on Day Two. It was a calculated risk. Would I trade a 10% chance (or so) of path buying it for increased trust? I think it was a good decision, but then, if he had died, well, not so good.

This sort of game is a little like poker or blackjack. You can improve your chances, but in the end, it's the cards that decide it.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote