Thread: 1987 offseason
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 10:12 PM   #97
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Anyhows, a previous owner once made a trade with me that involved a draft pick (back when draft pick trading was allowed). It resulted in him having two 1st round draft picks, and one being traded to me. The day of the draft, Dark Cloud accidentally traded the wrong one (which was something like 4-5 picks lower but still in the first round). With my pick I ended up getting my top pick on my draft list, (a player that was something like 5th or 6th on the other owner's list). He ended up drafting someone who was like 7th or 8th on his list but completely not on my list at all.

The guy went crazy and was unrelenting to Dark Cloud because of an honest mistake. So just to get him to stop, I offered to just swap the picks and take a guy that was never even on my draft list just to get him to chill out.

The other owner ended up finding about 7 other things to complain about in the next season or two and ended up leaving before either player ever made it to the majors. For fun and posterity, I asked for the guy I got to be named "Red Headed Stepchild" since he was the player no one wanted

Because I'm bored and wanted to go over it again here is the thread for anyone interested.