Thread: State of WW
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

State of WW

I've not been one to sound the Werewolf is dying alarm. Even when we went on the long WW break (the first time) I was felt confident we'd recover. After all the games before the two long breaks all had good participation.

However, it seems now as though we've been on a steady decline for the past 6-8 months. We've had a few surges, breaking posting records twice in that time, but I think that just has masked the long term decline. I cannot remember the last time we had a new player who stuck around. That's not a good sign.

I had hoped we might get some OS people to come join us, but that hasn't happened either, though I admit direct advertising there was limited. At this point I'm not quite willing to put a stake in us, but I do think we need to discuss ways we can revive this. I have a couple of ideas, but I want to throw this open before stating my ideas since if we're going to recover it's going to need to be a community effort and not simply efforts by me (though I am willing to do my more-than fair share as the moderator).

Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote