View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 02:40 PM   #19
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfere View Post
Regarding FOF, if you've ever thought that OOTP felt like playing a spreadsheet, it has nothing on FOF. I think the game defines "playing a spreadsheet".

It's enjoyable, but I've never gotten hooked on it because I find MP most enjoyable in these games, and ISTM that in order to compete in MP you need to spend a lot of time tweaking an incredibly long list of down-and-position strategies through a clumsy interface that makes Markus look like a UI god.

If I'm wrong on this, I'd love to know. Maybe I can give it a second shot.

Considering how I play OOTP when I play OOTP, I don't think anything can compare to OOTP for "playing a spreadsheet". I think that there are many people (including some in this league) who enjoy FOF multiplayer.

My biggest issue with FOF is I hate the interface, it feels clumsy and it is ugly in my opinion. But I think the game engine is for the most part sound. If you are interested in a football game, it is in my opinion the best pro football game out there.

For multiplayer football though, I still don't think any game can beat BBCF (college football) for multiplayer play.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote