Thread: State of WW
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 AM   #24
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree with Alan that the "core" group of WW players, by and large, became far more interested in hosting games than playing them. This happened, however, a long time ago. It wasn't a huge problem until we stopped attracting new players. When new players, who could fill up spaces in games which were new and different to them, stopped arriving, we reached this point. So one thing to talk about moving forward is how to attract more new players, and perhaps that simply isn't possible on FOFC at this time, in which case I think WW is essentially done here for a while.

The other problem with people becoming more interested in hosting than in playing is that I think some people have skills which lie more in one direction than the other. Some people are incredibly talented at both playing and hosting, but that seems to be more the exception than the rule. So now if you have this very long list it means that the players who run games which you enjoy come up less frequently and you have to sit through a whole bunch of games where your interest is marginal. I don't think it's a coincidence that our original growth came during a time when only a few people ran games. During our first 20 games you only had 11 different people running games, and in the first 17 games you only had 8 people. And I don't know what you do to solve this, if others agree it's a problem.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote