Thread: State of WW
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #33
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

So here's my take.

I had job stuff take over my life, as you know. Less time during the day meant less time playing, although I have jumped back in now and then every few months.

I always thought of myself as a better GM than a player, although I love playing. For me, the games weren't different enough, if that makes sense.

So, what I've been doing for my next GM experience is devoting a massive amount of my time creating a brand new rules set, brand new mechanics, borrowing some from popular games, getting rid of others, until the game that I have (and its not finished yet) is something I'm not even sure you could call Werewolf, but I think it'd be a lot of fun, because I know that I would love to play in it, make sense?

So that's my little contribution to the pot, and when my time comes GM wise, I'll roll out my mega different game and see who bites. With enough biters, we have a chance to try something really different.

I think hoopsguy's Marvel game was both good and bad. Good, because it was a well run game, and bad, because at least in my case, other games looked less appealling to me, they look humdrum and hasbeen because they are to similar to the core WW mechanics. I mean, I know that might just be me, but it is at least my take on the thing. And since I would like a little spark, I'm willing to work to bring that in for my game. of that makes sense. To break the malaise.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote