View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 04:39 PM   #610
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Tons of bad news, but all of it expected:

Sterley spurred Duke and went to Marquette.

Dobbins to Pitt, Falls with a surprise move goes with Saint Joes, Hollis goes to Penn State as expected.

Rutgers recovers nicely by getting Callans, the 5 star stud!

Bragg, a great 4 star player who I never got too serious about because he as in Arizona chose to go to Arizona.

Now for the good news, we got Marion Peterson from NJ!!! The 7'0 247 pound 4 star center from Newark, NJ averaged 7.5 ppg and 4.9 rpg in the ABL, but I think that was due to ball hogs He is rated 66th overall and 3rd among centers. Our staff believes he has "A" potential. They believe he already has a refined array of inside scoring moves and is a powerful dunker. They also believe he is a speedy guy for his size who is a tremendous shot blocker. If most of that is true, I'll be very happy. He knew he could start right away next year with Lamptey's graduation and I think that was a key in us getting this potential star.

With 3 scholarships open, we start sorting through the recruits again:

Dominick Vanttaja is a weird case in that he hasn't been offered yet despite clearly being a stud. We offer him hoping we somehow get lucky. We immediately jump to #2 on his list, behind only Duke.

There are no closer good PG's available, so we offer Stetson Abbott from Buffalo NY.

We are a longshot for him, but we start pursuing a fairly local kid in Devon Lenzly. He is a 6'3 179 pound SG from Macon, GA. He is a 4 star player ranked 40th overall. Alabama and FSU are our main competitors.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote