View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 03:03 PM   #630
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Peterson gets a BS goal tending on his 1st block attempt. However, he comes down at the other end, backs his man down, and slams it over him!

Ouch.. I guess we were way too overconfident. Down 14-11 with 12 minutes to go as we turn to the bench. Their motion plays are killing us.

Their center leads them with 7 points and he stays in the game until Sockwell immediately gets a 2nd foul on him.

Our bench lets it get out of hand, until they respond with an 8-0 run of their own. We're down 23-21 with 6:24 to go. I bring back the starters but Sockwell is staying in at PF with Brickens playing SF.

Sockwell had already been playing well and the first play with the starters he beats everyone down the floor after we got a stop.. he finishes the play with a huge slam. Sockwell with 11 points now.

The defense isn't where I want it, but the combo of Peterson and Sockwell are unguardable for this team. They dominated offensively don the stretch. We are up 36-32 at the half.

Sockwell is the player of the half with 17 points (including 1 12 foot jumper), 5 boards, and a block. He has shot 5 of 7 and 7 of 9 from the line.

Peterson has 10 points, 3 boards, 1 assist, and 1 block at the half. He has shot 5 of 10.

2 minutes into the half and their top 2 centers each had 3 fouls.

With 16:30 to go in the game, I rest Sockwell so he'll be ready to spell Peterson in a few minutes. We are up 44-34 and now our defense is really clicking. One thing I forgot to do that I need to remember is to tell all of my guys to play tight defense on the perimeter each game.. no reason not to when I know that if they get beat our shot blockers are probably going to clean up the mess.

Chancler hurts his ankle on the fast break and we bring in Iker.

I played my starters longer than expected, but they were playing so well, especially Peterson who shook off a slow start down low to start playing with great skill. He had 3 or 4 dunks over his smaller defender and helped us build a 66-46 lead. 7:42 left as my 2nd unit comes on, likely for the rest of the game.

We've had 4 goal tendings called against us this game.. quite a few bogus ones.

Our defense played great until about 4 minutes left. Then, we got sloppy. We had held them to 49 at that point, but we allow a 8-0 run on 2 turnovers. Then, they start hitting tough shots that they weren't making before. Still, I can't complain too much about a 86-62 win.

Our team set a record for dunks for my user profile. I'd guess that Peterson and Sockwell each had at least 5.

Sockwell was the player of the game 29 points, 10 boards, 2 assists, and a block (he would have had a few more if goal tending wasn't called on them.) He shot 10 of 16 and 9 of 12 from the line.

Peterson had 24 points, 5 boards, and an assist. He didn't have any blocks that registered (sometimes the game doesn't correctly register blocks - which is one of my bigger annoyances with it.)

Radenovic with 10 points, 1 board, and 1 block. He shot 4 of 5, 1 of 2, and 1 of 2.

Bennett with 2 points and an assist. He shot 1 of 5.

Chancler with 0 points, 1 board, and 3 assists. He also had a steal. He only took 2 shots which he missed before the injury.

Lou with 8 points, 4 boards, and a steal. He shot 2 of 2, 2 of 2, and 2 of 2.

Brickens with 6 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, and a block. He shot 3 of 7, 0 of 1 from the arc.

Iker with 3 points on 1 of 3 shooting.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote