View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 01:00 PM   #647
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The end of the early signing period was not good news:

We didn't get Colin to sign early, so we'll have plenty of competition for him throughout the year.

Furthermore, we lost Antwcan Zamore to Duke who finally offered him a scholarship.

We also lost Vince Heard to Indiana.

We started too late on Gabler, the kid from Los Angeles didn't get an offer from UCLA who was his top choice, so he decided to sign with Oregon.

We also came in too late on Hal McGuire who is staying close to home at Memphis.

Finally, we were too late for Andres Crawford who signed with Pitt.

So, our only very likely target to sign is PG Colin Sutton and we have 4 more scholarships to give out (well only 3 I intend to give out.)

Guys that I'm going to offer this week:

PF Chris Dillon from Augusta, Georgia. He is only 6'7 210 but he is the 51st player overall and 6th among PF's. He averaged 12 ppg and 10 rpg in the ABL. He is a 4 star player whose top schools are Clemson, Miami, FSU, and Wake Forest.

SG Damian Bruce from Australia. I haven't seen the kid in person which I don't like, but we are going to take a chance on the 4 star player and hope our staff is right about what they see on tape. His top choices are Georgia, NCST, and Wake.

We also start scouting out SG Cherokee Birley, a 6'1 175 pound SG from the Bronx. He averaged just over 16 ppg in the ABL.

We also start looking at one of the better 3 star players, PF Kurt Hicks, who is also from Flint, Michigan (quite the hotbead of talent in this class.) He averaged 10.9 ppg, 8.2 rpg, and 2.5 bpg in the ABL. I want to add some more solid defenders.

We have a week off of games, so I get a better look at those guys as well as taking a really close look at Sutton who I realize I really want. Our staff thinks he is going to be a star.

They also really like Chris Dillon after a closer look. He isn't that good of an offensive player, but he is a dynamic defender they feel. Miami is going to be hard to beat out for him.

Our staff LOVES Homer Chadwick from LA after taking a closer look at him. However, they believe he is all Oregon and say we shouldn't even put any further effort into him.

Our staff also loves 3 star PG Rodolfo Munir from Lincoln, Nebraska. He is the Mr. Basketball for the state and our staff believes he is more of a natural SG with a shoot first tendency. He hits from anywhere on the court. I decide to take a closer look at him with the plan to possibly play him at SG. Then again, I really need 1 more PF.

I decide to sim the game against 0-9 Maine which is the worst team we've faced all year. We beat them 74-52. Bennett led us with 18 points and 6 assists. Riddick also had 18 off the bench. Peterson only played 24 minutes due to foul trouble but had 9 points, 6 boards, and 2 blocks.

Our next game is at a very good 8-1 Rutgers. We've been fighting them for recruits and they got a good one in Filiberto Callans who I really wanted. He is already an overall of 79 but still coming off the bench for their talented team. Despite that, the freshman is averaging 7 ppg and 4 rpg. Stefan Alford is a SR SG who is a great shooter. JR SF Benny Sykes is an even better shooter and is the star of the team. PF Smush Hollins is undersized at 6'7 225 but he is an athletic dunker who is a very good rebounder for his size. PG Shane Broermann is a machine from behind the arc and is a capable assist man. The only position they are lacking is center. In fact, they don't have a true center on the roster and will often go to a 3 guard lineup. Their biggest player is Smush. Hopefully, we can take huge advantage of the size mismatch. I'll play this later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-10-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote