View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 02:38 PM   #682
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
OK, it has been forty minutes and both angels are in the thread. Can you please tell me why you want to see me lynched today? It is a little frustrating seeing the cleared players leading a charge against you without offering any reasons.

If you are playing a hunch, what led you to this idea?
If you are squeezing me for info, what do you want to know?

I do not know how to demonstrate my allegiances to you guys (hint: villager) other than having you kill me and then say "oops" at the end of the day.

It is not as much about what we want you to do as it is about what you have already done.

Your reaction yesterday to PurdueBrad was the first thing that tipped me off. I don't know how many people caught his hints (I don't really need a rollcall of those who did and those who didn't), but you are a pretty bright player and to react the way you did to his voting of me seemed off (and was actually opposite of the way I reacted based on the same information seemingly). I have a hard time believing that you missed his hints completely.

Your reaction to the Telle situation yesterday felt to me like someone who was hedging their bets. Really in a win-win situation, you argued the correct side (the mathematical probability of Telle being good), yet did not really commit to it until the "juicy" spot for a vote. As previously discussed the location of your and Kwhit votes both seemed pretty demonish from my point of view, especially for someone who seemed to have decided on their stake in the issue well before the actual vote was cast.

The way that today has played out where you have presented a boatload of information without providing hardly any direct opinions on players feels pretty much like a lawyer trying to bury the opposing side in overload of data so the important pieces kind of get filtered out in the mass storm at some point. It feels very similar to how you have played as a bad guy in the past.

As a good guy, when you do not have an important role you tend to play agressively. You tend to want to push the vote to get people moving even in a game that requires other actions that might conflict with the need for voting (See Spawn 3 game). In this game you have not been taking a hard stance on any vote, and often (as seen in both day 1 and day 2 and even somewhat today) seem to be begging your way out of the vote in a sense to allow others to do the work for you. If you truly did not have a very important role, historically you have used that advantage to try to take a chance, to stir things up to try to see if you can get a pulse on people. That is even more important then ever in a game with the seer already dead and no bodyguard.

So it is not really as much what we want you to do to prove yourself, even though if you have some way of doing so I am all ears.. but more how you have reacted almost every step of this game thus far.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote