View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #733
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Not sure if you're coming back again tonight, but you had thrown out The Jackal's name a few times more of a namedrop than any kind of real heat but as if trying to set up a case for him and your first instinct seemed to be to vote for him.

You then changed your mind to Jeheinz and I don't quite get why. I would love to understand more reasoning behind it. It seems a flimsy excuse at best. Several times during the day people had made the comment that they were likely going to follow the angels in voting today. You chose to single out Jeheinz however for actually throwing down the vote because he had to leave.

I think it is pretty well known that Jeheinz has a certain schedule and he likely won't be back to defend himself the rest of the evening. There also doesn't seem to be much else to your reasoning other than retaliation on your part.

My gut instinct here is that this vote feels more like a vote for someone who already has their vote on you so as to not drive someone else to vote for you as well (such as the jackal who could move his vote), or one of the other people leading in vote counts. My feelings are that this was just a temporary vote holder on someone that couldn't hurt you any further until you got back later to see where you needed to move your vote to try to save yourself.

Is there more to it then that?

My thought is that when I'm a wolf I'm happy to go with the flow of the villagers, try to adapt to the play of the guys who are trusted. When I'm a wolf I don't have the worst voting record and I try not to have the best. I want to be as much in the middle as far as public review goes, and hope that my in thread reputation helps me avoid lynch for one more day. I think Heinz is playing it much the same way in this case.

It is more of an instinctive vote than one that is finely reasoned, and I normally like to rely on logic more than instinct. But I do not have any strong mathematical play to make. I know that you are starting to get the movement you asked for on me. As a "cleared angel" you are going to likely get a pass on it when it is wrong. And that is fine in the context of this game ... I'm not trying to call for some kind of run on the angels. But I would like for us to get a demon and I would like to be alive to be part of it.

Do you want me to bother responding to the posts on the time/accusation stuff? I had several appointments come up this afternoon that I was not able to break away from, even though it would have been convenient for me to do so. I'm not going to try and grind an axe about being able to face my acccusors earlier if you are here now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote