View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #164
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Interesting week under the intense microscope that is going to be the Obama presidency.

The Executive Orders were no surprise and fully expected.

There were two quips from Obama in his meeting yesterday that sounded very immature and stupid to me:

Quote:
"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done," he told top GOP leaders

I don't listen to that arrogant blowhard but for a president to single him out is no better than a grade school taunt, "you can't my friend if you're friends with him". Limbaugh should not be that important enough for a president to single him out.

Instead, he should have said, "I do not want anyone to believe in the failure of the presidency, thus the country. We need to get things done, which was why I built a team of rivals and ended the calls to petty partisanship."

In other words, taking the high road instead of name-calling partisanship.

Quote:
While discussing the stimulus package with top lawmakers in the White House's Roosevelt Room, President Obama shot down a critic with a simple message.

"I won," he said, according to aides who were briefed on the meeting. "I will trump you on that."

He's right, but his words were very wrong and immature. Instead, he should have said, "As president, the decision to include such proposal is mine. The merits of which can be debated in Congress."

Instead, he essentially went, "Neener neener."

From Campbell Brown, CNN:

Quote:
You see, what happened is, there is this former lobbyist for a big defense contractor called Raytheon. His name is William Lynn.

President Obama wants him to be deputy defense secretary. So, the Obama administration wants a waiver to its own rule.

That basically means they are saying, we will mostly put tough new restrictions on lobbyists, except when we won't.

Really? Is this how it is going to be?

Please, please don't make us all any more cynical than we already are, Mr. President.

Haven't we had enough of the Exectuive Branch breaking rules to suit their needs?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote