View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 10:25 PM   #4
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Busy day for the D-Backs today.

I'm looking to shore up my pitching staff today and hopefully have a future 3B too.

I Contact the Tigers and inquire about SP Dan Haren whom they just got from the A's. They will straight up trade Chad Tracy for him. I think no problem I have Conner Jackson in AAA who is about ready to be brought up so I make the deal.

Next, I shop Easley out there. I don't want him so we'll see what someone offers. The Rangers offer AAA 3B Brent Mosley so I jump on it. I may have my future 3B here.

Now I need to see if anyone wants my weakest starting pitcher since I have Haren on board. I again shop Claudio Vargas...to my suprise San Diego offers up the best closer I think there is in Trevor Hoffman. I have to think about it a bit as Trevor was a former Wildcat, but I let my college loyalites lie and make the deal.

Finally, I put several players "on the block" who are too old to be in the minors or washed up to be in the bigs still. I'll take a bag of balls for most of them as long as I don't take a hit $ wise. With the shuffling of players I demote Castro down and put in a claim on SS Juan Uribe from the White Sox to be my backup SS/2B/3B, we'll see if I get him.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote