View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #172
Radii
Head Coach

Recruiting Preview

If you look at the roster above, you'll notice 4 seniors in my top 9. And we have 4 scholarships to try to replace those guys.

There is one very exciting development looking at recruiting:

We are #5 in interest at 89% for 4* SG Arzelle Cooper. He's the #63 overall recruit. He's from Ann Arbor and lists Michigan 3rd and Ohio State 2nd, so we might not have much of a shot, but obviously we're going after him and will have to find out.

We're #6 in line for another 4* guard out of Chicago, but this one looks less promising. SG Craig Lidzius only has 63% interest in us, and it seems like he's leaning pretty heavily towards DePaul. This actually looks like quite a lost cause.

I offer all four of my scholarships pretty early on, based mostly on rankings at this point as my scouting abilities are fairly poor:

4* SG Arzelle Cooper - #63 Overall - He came in for a visit in our first week and we have him at 100% already. Toledo, Ohio State, Michigan and Xavier still have to act on him.

3* SF Wendell House - #157 overall - We scout him as a good shooting athletic wingman. We're the first to make an offer to him. It looks like our likely competition is Purdue and Notre Dame here.

3* SG Danny Warsaw - #235 overall - Offered primarily because he scouts as an A- shooter.

3* PG Rickey Butt - #371 overall - A local kid from Euclid, Ohio. We're competing with local schools here, Cleveland State, Akron, Dayton. Offered because we'll need another natural PG once Turner graduates in two years. Additionally, his last name is Butt, huh-huh.

We've got 6 games before the early signing period. I'm probably going to just play out two of them against evenly matched opponents, then sim the other four to get to the early signing period ASAP.

Last edited by Radii : 02-19-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote