View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 02:11 AM   #234
Radii
Head Coach

2011/12 Roster

Some solid gains were made during the offseason. Most of our players gained 1 point on top of what they gained during the year last year. Our starting roster strength has increased from a low of 74 last year(it ended the season at 76 thanks to development) to 79 to start out the year this year.

Starting Lineup

PG Wayne Turner - SR - 74 OVR - The returning player of the year in the MAC. 91 speed, 89 quick, 88 ball handling, and an above average shooter from everywhere on the court. I love Turner.

SG Arzelle Cooper - FR - 74 OVR - Our 4* recruit comes in rated 74 OVR! I'm thrilled to see that. He has B- potential, so I'm hoping that he'll turn into a guy rated 80 or above by the end of his college career. He's fast, 89 SPD, good ball handler, and he'll be our best on ball defender(84). He's got an 84 hustle rating, but he's not a great shooter yet. 76 close/73 med/74 3. Assuming he develops well he's going to end up an outstanding defender who is an above average scorer. For now he's a very good defender who is an average scorer. 70 Defensive Awareness.

SF Wendell House - FR - 73 OVR - House comes in pretty solid too. 83 speed, 88 stamina(which might matter heh), he's a decent post player and an above average rebounder(76 O/73 D). He's a good inside scorer, 86 close range, 89 dunk rating, and 83 shooting in traffic. He's average from mid-range and can make the 3, but not that well(71 med/70 3). House is 6'8" and we'll be running a pretty big lineup with him on the floor. Unfortunately, House's potential is only a D. He may not improve a whole lot.

PF Daryl Delic - SO - 75 OVR - Delic has improved 3 points OVR since he came in as a 72 rated freshman, this "B" potential thing is awesome. 79 post offense, 72 offensive awareness, 82 offensive boards/79 defensive boards. 90 close range/88 in traffic. Ohhhh, he grew an inch!!! 6'7" baby. Hah, that made me way more excited than it should have. With our SG being a defensive minded guard and no one to replace Freeman, Delic is likely to be a big part of our offense.

C Arnaud Dahi - SO - 68 OVR Dahi is 6'11". Slightly above average on the boards, 78 O/82 D. He's ok in close but nothing special(82 close/78 traffic/64 dunk). He is very strong(78) and has an imrpoved defensive awareness(72). I obviously like his size quite a bit and that makes him my starting center no matter what.

Bench Players

I've run a 10 man rotation in the past and struggled a lot last year trying to change it to a 9 man rotation. I might set my rotation this year and let the CPU sub and see how it works out for me for a few games as far as generating the minutes played that I want.

PG Drake Massey - JR - 70 OVR - If I can keep him happy, Massey will be an extremely effective backup. Decent speed(83) a decent all around shooter(83 close/74 med/77 3), Massey has an almost set-shot like shooting motion, so he doesn't need as much room as some guys to get an open shot. He's a good defender too, 83 DEF. If I had more depth i might consider a starting lineup of Turner/Massey/Cooper, but I have no one else to run PG for me behind Turner, Massey has to do it.

SG Taymon Roller - SR - 57 OVR - Roller played SF for me last year behind Washington, only because I forced myself into a 10 man rotation. He is terrible and I tried to avoid having him touch the ball last year. 59 mid-range, 69 3 pointer. 81 in close if he gets an open look in close somehow.

SF ???

PF Cliffone Mikalauskas - JR - 68 OVR - Mikalauskas is our JC recruit, he'll give me a decent 2 seasons as a nice 6'10" big man I hope. He's not great, but he doesn't look terrible. 78 o/74 d for rebounds, 72 o/72 d for post play. 80 close range/87 shootin gin traffic. He's a fine backup really.

C Kenan Sessoms - SO - 67 OVR - Much like I expect mikalauskas to be, Sessoms was a fine backup last year and will continue to be for me. He's 6'11" so he gives me some size. His C+ potential means he is developing some. 76 post offense/78 post defense is actually quite nice. 79 o/76 d rebounding is alright too, and he's an acceptable shot blocker(77). Only 80 inside/73 shooting in traffic so he isn't often an option on offense on purpose.

My 4th recruit last year, Brannon Babcock, is a disaster. Rated 50 OVR, 73 on defense, cannot shoot, 75 ball handling/76 passing.

I also have an extra center in reserve, a walkon, 6'10" soph Hope Meade. Meade is rated 67 OVR and really looks a lot like Sessoms. If I cannot run an 8 or 9 man rotation(8 would be ideal,no Roller at SG), I could go with 10 men and go really big with my backups. Mikalauskas at the 3, Sessoms and Meade inside.

I haven't decided what to do here yet, I won't start playing any games til tomorrow. At this point though I'm leaning towards slowing things down, trying to cut the game down into as few possessions as possible to keep my best players on the court, and run an 8 man rotation. After that super long post about how I fear I run too much too
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote