View Single Post
Old 02-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #246
Radii
Head Coach

Man, that was a bad loss to Montana, should never have happened. Here's another one that we really expect to win pretty much every time.

December 10, 2011

Ohio (2-7) at Youngstown State(2-4)

Youngstown State looks similar to Montana based on overall rating(73 OVR/74 Off/73 Def/75 Sht/81 Reb). This one is on the road, so its a bit different.

Scouting

Not much to mention here either. They have a SF, Kohn, who is rated 73 OVR and looks fairly solid but they don't have anyone that stands out in any way.

I lower my coach settings Defensive Pressure from 50 down to 35 in an effort to hopefully foul less.

There's a giant angry Penguin in the center of Youngstown State's home court. I played them last year at my place. After seeing this I don't know how they can be taken seriously.
Half
Time
OHIO
YSU
Notes
13:00
Well no foul trouble this game, and things have gone much better on offense, though they've hit a few 3's on their end and have led by a couple the whole way. But we have a problem... House just came off the floor with an injury. We'll see how bad it is.
10:50
We take the lead and they burn a time out.
10:00
UGH. Disaster. I mentioned after my last game that I had 5 people that could play PG/SG/SF for me and one of them sucks. Well, for the next month I have 4. House has a high ankle sprain and is going to miss about a month's worth of time.
5:00
Its my favorite lineup... Massey, PF Delic and 3 centers. The nice thing about this lineup is that they really pack it in on defense, so if Massey is hot he can shoot 3's all day. He has 5 in a row for us here to extend our lead to 6.

HALF
They closed out the half on a 7-2 run. Massey really kept us alive with our crappy lineup out there. He scored 11 for us. Turner has 7 and Cooper has 6. No inside game to speak of.
18:00
We score the opening basket of the second half, then they hit 3 straight 3 pointers. Dahi and Meade down low(meade = 3rd string center... in there with Delic playing SF for House heh) have both missed decent looks inside.
14:50
We get a lineup that I really like out there... Turner, Massey and Cooper all on the floor at the same time. And we turn it over and give up layup after layup. They're on a 7-0 run and are starting to pull away. I call a time out because... well why the hell not, nothing else is working!
13:45
Turner picks up foul #3 defending against the fast break after we turn it over yet again on offense.
11:30
We score 5 in a row after falling behind by 17. That's the good news. The bad news is that our lineup is now Roller at PG, and 4 post players.
7:30
We get going a little with Dahi inside. We're committing a lot of fouls this half, centers guarding guards on the perimeter does that I guess. They're already in the double bonus.
5:30
We get it down to 10 as Massey makes 1 of 2 at the line.
4:10
If we're going to make a run here we need to do it soon.

We never got the lead below 10..

Youngstown State 83
Ohio 70

Their SF, who has a 70 3 point rating, hit 7 3's today.

Turner: 21 points
Cooper: 10 points
House: 2 points
Delic: 8 points/7 boards
Dahi: 9 points/11 boards

Massey: 14 points

Delic and Dahi combined for 4-17 shooting.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote