View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #583
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
As I understand it, he said that by the time Congress gets through with the expanded health care bill, it will be the "Ted Kennedy Memorial Health Care Bill". That's mocking him?
I guess everyone will have to use their own judgment. The way it sounded to me was mocking and callous.

Quote:
Now, Rep. Bobby Rush compared Roland Burris to Ted Kennedy a few days ago, saying that Burris shouldn't resign when a Senator "drove off a bridge. People died." But since he's another Democrat, I suppose there's no reason to get our knickers in a twist.
Bobby Rush doesn't matter. I'd argue that most of the country has never even heard of him. But he has taken a lot of heat, particularly here in Chicago for his comments. It would be a bigger story I'd imagine if Bobby Rush mattered and had any national presence.

Quote:
Before any Democrat, liberal, or progressive decides to freak out about Rush Limbaugh, they should spend an hour listening to Randi Rhodes. Seriously. This country's in a world of hurt and the leaders of our nation are picking a fight with Rush Effing Limbaugh?? It would be laughable if it weren't so damned sad.
Randi Rhodes hardly represents the Democratic Party. Again, I doubt many people even know who she is. I have no doubt that she'd be irritating to listen to as most partisian talking heads are. But I do know there won't be Congressman, Governors, and the head of the Democratic Party groveling and asking for her forgiveness.

As for those people freaking out, I highly doubt they are. They love this. It's Christmas Day for the Democratic Party everytime he says stuff like this. The guy has huge unfavorables, especially amongst independents. When he says stuff like that it simply rallies their base and turns independents off from the GOP.

Last edited by RainMaker : 03-06-2009 at 11:21 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote