View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #599
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Crud - I wasn't able to get on today... I know the rules are rules but any way I could pick a guy that hasn't been drafted yet? I have two guys in mind... if not, I'll understand - rules are the rules

I hate to be this way about the rules, but I think it has to be left as is. I just don't want to go down that potential road.

However, we can vote on the following measure as I had never really thought of that as a solution in the past. If 8 votes (a longshot, I know) happen before your next pick, we can go with it:

"If you miss a pick and one is auto-picked for you, you can, at your next pick, name a replacement of a player still on the board for the auto-pick in addition to your current pick"

I don't want to just let it happen whenever because I don't want players racing to pick (i.e. it wouldn't be fair to LWSFS who is up right now if you two were basically racing for the same player- he shouldn't be penalized and have to rush his pick because you missed and got an autopick). The compromise made is that you have to watch all the picks made until your next pick before you can get that player replaced. This is somewhat unbalanced as someone at, say, 11/2 only has to wait 2 picks while someone at 2/11 has to wait 20(?) picks to get back to them. But that's the best system I can come up with.

(Strategically, if you're stuck with Wells, you can stick him straight on the DL and get another player without having to draft anyone. However, I realize that's basically trading a 12th round pick for a 26th round so it's not much consolation)

I'll give you the first 'yes' vote (my own)- I'm not keen on changing rules in the middle of the draft but I think this is a good addition.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote