View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #601
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
BTW - I cant believe that the liberal media would be focusing so much on all of the Clinton Gaffe's overseas, eh?

You must get different liberal media than I see. I just noticed last night how the local news (Cox Broadcasting affiliate) did their little world segment featuring Hillary's successful trip overseas, even using the video of the button incident as the backdrop for the whole bit & made nary a single mention of the slightest wrinkle. For the average Atlantan (as this is the dominant TV news outlet in town) it's all sweetness & light.

Look, I don't think that's a significant incident much beyond the firing of whoever fucked up the label but I'm not sure that it wasn't worth at least a "In spite of a minor translation gaffe, the trip went well ..." etc. And if it had been Rice or any other (R) it would have been the focus of the entire piece.