View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 09:17 PM   #611
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This is one of the best articles I've read in awhile and it comes from a staunch conservative. There is little I disagree with in what he says. If the Republican Party can move in the direction he talks about, I would be on board.

Why Rush is Wrong | Newsweek National News | Newsweek.com

Rush is merely an entertainer. He is though, often (not always) correct about a number of things, and this is why the left hates him. He has a powerful forum to voice opposing opinions while the left demands conformity. Therefore this is a play by the White House to discredit and marginalize him. It is an attempt to silence dissenting opinion, and the beginning of a wider assault on talk radio and free speech. Mr. Frum sounds like someone who has taken the left's bait, and he comes across as an intellectual lemming. Is Frum going to talk about the dangerous motives of Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, quite possibly two of thie most incompetent elected officials we have ever seen? I doubt it. Someone has to. You don't stay on the air for 20 plus years if you are simply peddling hate. Just look at Air America.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote