View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #258
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
1. Both. Didn't even realize you could do one or the other but that obviously makes sense. Is there a benefit to just doing one?

2. If it's a breaking pitch, I do my best to lay off. Usually my best is no good and I just get too jumpy and swing. That's my biggest problem obviously. But there end up being a lot of fastballs that I feel like I'm trying to lift but I end up hitting into the ground, usually weakly.

1. If you guess just pitch and get it correct, the strike zone lines flash red to let you know that you guessed the pitch so you know what's coming. If you guess the location, it'll give you a target, but you won't know which pitch is coming. If you guess both (what I usually do), you can get the lock-on if you get both right. I personally don't do just one.

2. Do you use contact swing or power swing when you get a fastball? I would highly suggest only using contact swing until you get your contact rating up a bit. You can still drive balls out of the park with a contact swing if you lock in on a fastball. Wait until you develop a bit more before attacking the ball with a power swing. If you have lower ratings, your margin for error is tiny at best. Also, make sure you move the left stick right to the lock-on area. Don't try to position it under the ball and I wouldn't suggest using the right stick to 'lift' or direct the ball either. Just hit the target and you'll hit the ball pretty consistantly. Keep it simple.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-10-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote