View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #100
billgulch
n00b

First off.. I fixed the factor typo mentioned above. You guys are right.. it should have read AgeMod.

As for the initial draft :

Generally this is just a quick way to distribute players across the league. You are assigned 80 players overall (and will cut down to 45 and 8 before the season starts).

One thing I try to be aware of : I don't want to allow people the ability to get too "cutesy" in the opening draft. I have to be under the assumption that, in newly created leagues, there will be some people that have experience using the draft and playing the game. If some people have experience with it while others don't, the ability to set how many of each players or even define the round positions, etc are taken opens up the potential for odd (and potentially unfair) distributions. I may simply be paranoid, but I know things like that can occur. That's the reason why I force "specific distributions", while trying to allow players to at least somewhat tailor their team to their individual liking.

It's something I'd happily considering changing at some point in the future if it's considered too restrictive, but I'm not sure if it's something I could get around to before the draft runs

--Mike

Last edited by billgulch : 03-10-2009 at 05:17 PM.
billgulch is offline   Reply With Quote