View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #44
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Each position has a certain set of ratings and order these ratings are displayed in. For example, if you take a look at the wide receiver position all recruits at the position will have the same attribute categories displayed. These attributes are also listed in the same order. Now take a look at a safety and the skills that are displayed are different and in a different order.

Probably 99% of the time you can tell the position an athlete will be ranked highest at by matching up their displayed attributes and order of these attributes to the regular position players.

You could always gamble and hope that the player might also project to a different position (i.e. the recruit that looks to project at defensive end also has blocking ability that is not displayed on the screen and could be an effective fullback). I have found that athletes that can truly play both sides of the ball effectively are fairly rare. Most of the time the displayed position will be just about the only one they are good at.

When I recruit athletes I am looking for a player whose letter grades would project them very highly at their displayed position. I also occasionally look for athletes that have bizarre speed/strength combos and hope they can be molded into unusual players.

Cool - great input, thanks a ton!

I mostly just went after 4* guys or 3* guys that had an attribute I really liked (like A or A- speed for instance). Good to know when I need to get stingier with my recruiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote