View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 02:32 AM   #174
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I screwed up today, finishing up a file at work (Job #1). Finishing it ran me over on time, and I had to finish it because I am off the next two days. And I had to get to work (Job #2).

So in all the hubbub, I just flat forgot to check back in and vote. I was midway through my shift at Job #2 when I had one of those "Oh sh..!" moments. If I end up lynched for that, fair game, crappy as that would be.

Interesting Day One. Getting the sorcerer is a mixed result. Better than lynching a villager, and that's with us shooting in the dark, really. So it's hard to complain. But as Schmidty noted, doesn't really improve the situation either.

You have to view Abe with suspicion at this point, given PB's vote. Or at least a "person of interest". Whatever he is, the fact the Sorcerer voted for him, and it was a close vote, definitely makes him a guy we should look at. I don't know yet if that means we can depend on a scan, or if we'll have to clear him the ole fashioned way.

Pass's lack of meaningful vote stands out, too. His given reason is weak, IMO. But that's also not exactly the sorta spot a wolf makes a save vote (being near deadline with a lynch in the offing). Would a smart wolf even bother to try to save a wolf on the block in that situation? Pass is smart--I'm not sure he would make that move as a wolf.

But, hey, it's Day One. What the heck do we know?

FTR, I have no idea who I would have voted for. I would have been inclined to not vote for Abe for the same meta-game reason as others, noting he ran a terrific Dungeon game, and I wouldn't want to bump him out so quick, so I suppose I would have voted for PB by default. But I didn't see anything wolfy in PB's posts or nothing.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote