View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 02:02 PM   #333
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Chief, why weren't you inclined to give Danny some leeway once he made the reveal? Was there something that made you more worried about a fake reveal than about killing a roled villager?

It was the timing, and the innocuousness of the position he claimed to be. I have seen wolves do that sort of thing too many times, and I wasn't sure an hour was enough, especially since we're not really burning up the posts in this game, to get a counter-reveal if one was coming.

Also, given the position he claimed, we lost nothing (or not very much, really) if we ended up lynching him, because it is the least powerful villager role. If it was bodyguard, for instance, I would probably have to give him leeway, even if I doubted his reveal, because that's too important a role to risk a lynch in, especially with another seemingly plausible lynch candidate available in Abe.

Now that more time has passed, it seems much more clear to me that Danny must be what he says he is.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote