View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 02:57 PM   #864
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Love what you are doing with Kamala. Probably my favorite storyline up to this point. It made me want to know how/what George Steele is doing in your dynasty.

Also, what is Jake Roberts up to? Any chance we could see him in the WCCW at some point? Maybe a talent trade or something...

Thanks...here's some updates on those guys, both of whom have stopped by WCCW since the dynasty started:

George Steele:

-Steele is retired from the business, and not working anywhere. He was in the WWF in the start of the game as a heel, wrestling his last match for them in October 1983 (when he lost to Samula). Before that, he mostly squashed jobbers, and then lost to higher profile guys like Roddy Piper and Bruno Sammartino. We signed him in October '83, to join Skandor Akbar's Destruction Inc. stable, but he wasn't around long. He defeated Johnny Mantel in his debut match, but then the next week, he lost to the debuting Bruiser Brody. That was his last career match, and we let him go after that, as I found him too expensive.

Jake Roberts

-Roberts is finding a lot of work - he's employed by Georgia, Mid-Atlantic, and Pacific Northwest (he wrestled 175 matches last year). He's a heel in Georgia, and a face in Mid-Atlantic and PNW. He's currently 1/2 of the Pacific Northwest Tag Team Champions with Ted Dibiase. He's also held a couple of singles titles during the dynasty: Florida Heavyweight Championship (he was the last champion the Florida promotion before they went under), Georgia National TV Title, and the NWA United States Championship.

-He has had two runs with us so far via talent trade. We had in for a few months in Spring 1983, but it was an uneventful run, because he considered other promotions a higher priority than us - so I never knew when I would be able to use him. He came in as a kind of babyface enforcer for Fritz Von Erich, who was having problems with Skandor Akbar and Gary Hart. He defeated Magic Dragon in his first match, but then was being used elsewhere for several months, so I got frustrated, and jobbed in him to the Super Destroyer, and then Terry Gordy in a American Heavyweight Championship Match

-Then I also brought him in for last year's Last Man Standing Event. He teamed with Mike Von Erich to defeat Al Perez & Doug Somers, and advance to the final battle royal match, which was won by Terry Gordy.

I'll definitely think about bringing him back for this year's Last Man Standing Show.

Last edited by molson : 03-22-2009 at 02:58 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote