View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #65
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Ok, I gotta ask and this. This has been a slow moving and building internet meme for months now (much like real zombies themselves! coincidence?).

And I know it's stupid to try and trace or ask about this- but any idea where/how this blew up? For instance, all your base can be easily traced to one stupid video. Chuck Norris goes back to the Chuck Norris "feats" website. Zombies- where did it come from and who helped hugely publicize this important threat?

SI

Dunno. I've been "all about the zombies" since well back in my college days, which was a long time ago. Not sure when the internet decided to catch up with me or when it became a "meme", but I'm glad to see the world is finally waking up to the threat we may all face one day.

If I cared about this sort of thing, I guess I would feel like the cool kids feel when one of their favorite indie bands finally gets discovered and becomes popular. But I don't, so I just embrace the zombie hate and encourage vigilance.

To answer your question more directly, it's possible that it started building slowly a few years back when "World War Z" was released. You throw in the recent "Left 4 Dead" craze and I think that could be part of the recipe right there.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote