View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 01:46 PM   #70
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
You need to take a few months out of your life and devote it to George Romero, Resident Evil (numbered games only) and Max Brooks, amongst others. This problem has been simmering for centuries but only in the last 30 years has the magnitude of which the Zombie problem will be come to light.

Well, I know- I get that zombies and the concept of zombies have been around for a long time.

I read World War Z (well, listened to the book on tape). But it's a book- decent sales but it's not like a phenomenon all it's own. It's no Harry Potter or Davinci Code or even some of these silly lesser ones that come along like the Twilight books.

Resident Evil 4 was one of the couple best games on the Gamecube (and then whatever other silly systems Capcom dropped their exclusivity contract of the fabled "Capcom Five" for). But the Resident Evil series has been going for 10 years, give or take. And it's not like they're the only zombie game on the block- hell, I still have Typing of the Dead with my Dreamcast and keyboard...

So, in short- I know all about these things. I was trying to make my original post more tongue-in-cheek but I guess it caused the point to be lost.

Really, in the last 6 months or so, it's really been pushing hard for "internet memedom"- I've seen it all over the place and was wondering what (likely stupid) thing really gave it the crazy push

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote