View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #539
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I dunno if "dislike" is the right word. I think there's a prevailing feeling out there in the land of readers that are sort of...i dunno...for lack of a better word, sick of her maybe? People feel like the stuff that is happening to her is just way unrealistic or something. Might also be because her POV starts to more significantly diverge from the main storyline and maybe it interrupts people's "flow".

I dunno - I don't have a problem with the Arya POV as much as I do with some of the others. I hope that doesn't really give anything for you. I toyed with putting a spoiler tag on it, but it doesn't really tell you much.

I've never heard of this dislike for Arya. I always thought that she was one of the POV's people liked the most. I know there's a ton of hate out there for Sansa, Catelyn, and Cersei... But Arya? Huh.

I've always enjoyed Arya's chapters, even in Feast where she starts to veer off a bit from what's going on in Westeros...

Spoiler

I think he's in a similar boat with Tyrion.
Spoiler

Martin's written himself into quite a few corners it seems.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 03-26-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote