View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

This puts us at 52 players on the roster. I take a quick look, as always, at my draftees:

DT Neal Castillo - 20/64
DE Ian Smith - 11/61
LB Richard Dunlap - 8/52 (He dropped a lot)
LB Jessie Austin - 1/34 (He busted massively)
WR Monty Swift - 47/47
RB Thomas Halton - 20/45
TE Buddy Gardner - 25/42
RB Vince McDaniel - 36/36
FB Desmond Casanova - 13/23 (Another bust)
S Arnold Rathrun - 22/22

I thought my draft was so good. I had permanent fixtures at my LB positions and a long term FB solutions. Even my WR dropped a bit from 53/53 to 47/47. A shame.

Well, as you know, I don’t like to through good money after bad. I drop LB Jessie Austin and FB Casanova immediately. I sign LB Roderick Corbin and Greg Hildreth off waivers for one year each. They will each start for me while I wait yet another year to try and fix my LB situation.

I get a trade offer that intrigues me. Someone has offered their 2nd rounder and an adequate DE for DT Gerald Swayne. I need to take a closer look at this. This might be a good deal. It’s an offer from the Browns, who drafted first overall this past year. That could end up being close to a first. Two years ago they were pick 14, and three years ago pick 5. Draft picks from them might be worth pursuing. Gerald Swayne is in the last year of his contract, and as a DT, he will be demanding mammoth money to keep, and he isn’t that good. He’s good mind you, but not amazingly so. I doubt I’ll be keeping him next year. AS such, I am just trading one year of Gerald Swayne for a 2nd rounder from the Browns.

I can sign a decent enough patch for the year in Norbert McSwain. Is this worth doing? Looks like a good deal. Hmm. Perhaps other teams would be interested, or might be willing to offer me more? I don’t want the expensive DE they are trying to unload on me. No one else is jumping, because most of the league is too close to the cap. All right Cleveland. You get your trade. We get DE Derrick Alexander and their 2nd, and they get Gerald Swayne. I sign Norbert McSwain for a one year deal.

I cut DE Robert Merrick to bring me back to 52 players.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote