View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 10:08 PM   #955
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are now 14-6 and 24th in the media poll. We are unranked in the coaches' poll.

A quick update on our scholarship offers:

SR SG Mychal Kilgore looks likely to come to Wake Forest. Xavier is the only other school still in the picture.

JC FR SG Artie Murray looks like he will stay close to home and play for Oregon.

It is a complete tossup between Ohio State and us for JC SO PG Stephon Ryan. Towson still has an outside shot as well.

Georgia Tech all but has Sidiki Newby, the All American SG, wrapped up.

It will be a battle until the end between UConn and us for Center Leslie Stapleton. Right now, we look good. I'm flying out to his home for a visit this week.

Our simulated game is against 7-15 Virginia at their place. They have an overall roster strength of 80 and I expect an easy win..

We win the game 77-60 but Damian Bruce strains an abdominal muscle. He is out for 2 to 3 weeks as we play some of our biggest conference foes.

Goodman led the team to the victory with 22 points, 3 boards, and 1 assist. He shot 7 of 11, 4 of 6, and 4 of 4.

Gooden with 9 points and 5 assists.

Pardon with 9 points and 8 boards along with a block.

Baldwin led the bench with 8 points as Bruce was only able to play 3 minutes before he was injured. Enzweiler was 0 of 5 and had 0 points.

Baldwin will get some significant minutes with Bruce's injury.

Next up, we play the top team in the conference, Georgia Tech. They are 19-3 (8-2.) Their overall roster strength is 95. We played them close at their place, losing 77-71, so I have a bit of hope. Coultier is a bit banged up but will play.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote