Doncaster 2 Altrincham 0

Teams are now offering $400,000 for Burke….. hmmmm

Altrincham 3 Nuneaton Bur 2
Price -1
Burke - 2 (finally)

Telford 0 Altrincham 2
Price - 1
Burke - 1

Since the last game I have signed 4 new youth players. None of them are great, but I stilll need some youth.
I have also sold 2 old, crappy players for a total of $40,000. I'm glad to get some of the dead weight off the team.

Altrincham 4 Hednesford Town 1
Burke - 1
Price - 2
Power - 1

I'm going to try and have a "State of the Team" after every 5 or so games.
The team is $148,000 in debt still, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. There are a few of my youth players that actually look like they will make it into the Senior squad on a full time basis. I have only 1 problem player right now, unfortunately it is my scorer, Price. He seems to think that scoring goals for wignasty isn't enough. He wants to move to a bigger club. I would keep him forever, but the old manager (M.C.Hammer) has stupidly given him a clause in his contract that lets him go after this year if I don't get promoted. I think I'm going to suck it up and keep him for this season. I'm not sure I can replace that kind of scoring. Burke is starting to get into the offense now. I am just hanging on to him until someone offers me the "Magic Number" for him.

I have also notice an amazing skill my team has for jumping offsides during scoring chances. I can remember 4 goals that were disallowed because of this "skill". If I could only harness this power for good.....

wignasty

------------------
Rising up against "The Man"
wignasty is offline   Reply With Quote