View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #95
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Overview of Rookies Drafted:

RB Chris Evans 42/70 - Not bad, but bars do not appear to back this.
WR Herman Swinger 57/66 - Pretty good
CB Jack Huntley - 43/66. A Samari Rolle replacement in the future?
DE Lee Wilkins - 19/61. Looks like he is higher than 19 at the moment.
OG Orlando Wells -26/54 - Solid
DT Pat Bradley - 16/48
TE Al Hatcher 31/44 -Not as good as I’d hoped
FB Billy Joe Blackwell 30/44. Finally got a FB from the draft.
DT Cheuck Smll 16/53 - Another adequate performer.
OG Danny Millner 16/50 - Yet more sufficiency.
CB Don Fitzgerald 24/31 - Grabbed for his return skills.

QB Marlon Strickland 23/55 - His future bars look downright amazing, not 55 overall. Very serious gap between the bars and the overall number. Here are his potentials

Screen - 68
Short - 67
Medium - 80
Long - 92
Deep - 49
3rd Down - 64
Accuracy - 53
Power -55
Scramble Freq - 58
Carrying - 62

That’s a pretty good QB.

CB Clarence Hudson, my supposed replacement for Sam Madison who was amazing, has busted in his second year severely. I will be starting Jack Huntley as a result. LB Rodney McWilliams busted a bit again.

I’m fine this year, but I thought I had found replacements for both Rolle and Madison on my roster, and now I find out that is not the case. Disappointing.

I trade Dwayne Rudd to the Bills for their 6th rounder this year. Rudd was in his final year and his stats kept decreasing. I have Ray Lewis as a starter in the middle or strong side. I also have Bart Zambrano as a really strong looking weak side LB, with great coverage skills. I sign LB Joey Albert, a one year guy who can start for me as well.

With the extra cap money cleared off, I resign Samari Rolle for three more years. I also extend S Lethon Flowers’s deal for a year into next year.

I sign UFA S Donovan Darien to a one year deal and now I have a full 52.

I trade RB Vince McDaniel to the Bengals for their 5th. I then sign RB Mark Vallejo to a one year deal at minsal for a 2nd year player

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote