View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #1869
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Yep.

Here's a question from my wife, shortly after the messed up tip-off...what would happen if they accidentally lined up wrong for the second tip and were inadvertently scoring baskets on themselves for the entire first half (or at least until someone picked up on the mistake)? I told her I assumed those baskets would have to count against the teams, and you'd have to reverse the score of the game. And even if that had happened, UNC probably still would have won by 5...

But seriously, there's no other way to reconcile that error, is there? The coaches might agree on the fair way to score the game, but officially, could those baskets be anything other than scored against their own team? How awesome would that have been?

I'm thinking that, after the first basket made that way, the refs would have to have the team that just scored the basket do the inbounds pass. If the refs did not do that, then I don't think that anything could count, because then it would not just be a player error, it would be an error by the officials.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote