View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #580
Radii
Head Coach

Denver Fox, the 4* JC SF we're going after, already has us up to 100%. He seems a lock to come to Ohio. He wants to feel wanted and play close to home. I guess we're the only ones showing him we want him and we're close to Cincinnati, so we're in. He's scouting out as a decent shooter(B med/C+ inside), average defender with high blocks/steals, and an above average athlete. He seems like he'll likely come in pretty decent, i'm not sure why others are shying away. I guess JC Soph hurts him, he'll only be around for 2 years... but i'll be happy to stick a 4* SF behind Santiago for 2 seasons.

The PF we want, Broermann, seems likely to end up at Michigan, which is unfortunate. We've got him to 95% though so we'll stickit out til the early signing period. We'll get to 100% and be in the mix.

Next up is a 75 rated Hartford team that a few seasons ago might have presented a good challenge, but this year we better crush.

Nov 11, 2017

at Ohio 62
Hartford 61

yes... just the type of dominant victory we expect. Sheesh. Bright gives us 12 points/13 boards. Santiago 10, McCully 8. Jimenez and Santiago combine for 2-12 from 3.

We will absolutely have Fox, Broermann, and Graves at 100% come early signing day. I expect to have bad news though. Broermann to Michigan and Graves will go somewhere else I bet. We're the only offer so far, but Kentucky, Va Tech, and West Virginia all have him right around 100% too. If any of them offer before the early signing period, we will almost surely lose him. He's from Cincinnati and his #2 goal is close to home, so that gives us some hope. But his #1 goal is a big program.

Speaking of big programs, we haven't been beaten enough by Ball State's annoying 3-2 defense and high flying athletic fowards over the last 3 seasons, so we I figured it was a good idea to go out of my way to follow their coach and see how his annoying 3-2 defense will work at North Carolina with even better athletes. We travel to Chapel Hill next.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote