View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 04:42 AM   #283
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Fun game with the Sox yesterday. Lots of back and forth.

Came down to a surprisingly shaky Papelbon in the ninth. He allowed an inning opening jack to Torii to start the inning and then loaded the bases up with two outs. Proceeded to throw 11 pitches to Howie K, with the first two going for no-swing called strikes, and then Kendrick fouling off eight straight in a great matchup a pitcher with terrific stuff and control versus a hitter with a great eye and bat control. Kendrick finally drove a sharp liner to right, but Baldelli was well placed to slide over and catch it to end the game.

P.S. Sciosc, you are undeniably one of the, if not the best, managers in the game, but if you have a guy on your team who not once, but twice, in one game, swings his bat, cracks the ball hard and then immediately flips his bat to the ground to start his HR trot before the ball even reaches its peak in the air, okay, really, you need to start that guy more than two freakin' times in a week, especially when your team is notorious for not being power rich. His name is Mike Napoli, go introduce yourself.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote