View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 02:13 PM   #1
larrymcg421
Head Coach

10 Days, 35 Films: The 2009 Atlanta Film Festival

I've been attending the Atlanta Film Festival every year since 1999. While it's certainly not as big or prestigious as other festivals, throughout the years there have been some great films (Lovely and Amazing, Great World of Sound, George Washington), and every once in a while you get some big names that make an appearance.

It's also pretty cool to catch some people that eventually go on to make it big. For example, George Washington was directed by David Gordon Green, who went on to direct several highly regarded indies before hitting it big with Pineapple Express. Getting to Know You featured the debut performance of Zach Braff. Of course you also inevitably get some really terrible movies mixed in.

This year will be the first that I bought a festival pass, which means I will catch as many films as possible. I've made a schedule of 35 films (counting the shorts programs as 1) that I will be seeing through the end of next week. In this thread, I'll give my thoughts of the movies and the overall experience.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote