View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #309
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Team Awards:

Offensive Player of the Year: QB Tony Clements. I like what Baker did this year finally getting a major year, and I love what Gardener, Brennan, and Shepherd keep doing. Gardener had his best receiving year yet, Brennan led the league by 11 KRB, Shepherd set a rushing record with 22 rushing TD, and Baker had, by far, his best receiving year and a great All Pro season. But it was Clements that set the cake. 103 QB Rating? 32:11 TD:INT ratio? 500 more passing yards than the next guy? This was just a really great year by a really great player. Good job Tony!
Defensive Player of the Year: S Eric Carlson. 12 picks, 15 pas def, both league leading. He also had the most tackles on my team.
Special Teams Player of the Year: K Claude Johnson. Welcome to Albuquerque!
Rookie of the Year: OT Corey Conley. 2nd on the team in KRB and in the top ten in the league. That is a really promising start! Only one player in the league had at least 50 KRO and had a higher blocking percentage than Conley.
Heart Award: TE Peter Phillips. He had 9 KRB out of 19 KRO, which is really good. He also caught a 43 yard receiving play for a TD. He wasn‘t in much, because Gardener takes a lot of the snaps, but when he was in, he performed very well. He is leaving our team at the end of this year, so here’s to Peter Phillips

Get this. Most passing yards in a season, the current record is 4408 by Oakland last year. Clements had 4403. Gah!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote