View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #257
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Well hey, other marathon runner, come on out and sign up to be lynched. You know, it won't hurt a bit and it lets everyone know I'm good and, well, that you're not.

It was worth a shot.

Actually, the fact that this role can only be activated by lynch doesn't change much, except that instead of the other Marathon Runner choosing to flee, we will have to do a lynch after all.

But the effect is the same. Here are the two scenarios:

1. PurdueBrad is evil MR, Athens' Unknown MR is good
2. PurdueBrad is good MR, Athens' Unknown MR is evil

We know we have another Marathon Runner here, and that MR knows he is of opposite allegiance to PurdueBrad. If he is good (Scenario #1), he needs to come out now, because he knows we have a wolf in our midst, and what other possible good is the MR role? Even if he gets lynched, he just goes to Sparta, but if we lynch an evil PB, we send him to Hades.

Note: Correct, Pass? MRs only get to flee once, right, not just go back and forth? So if PB is lynched again, he goes to Hades?

If it is Scenario #2, the evil unknown MR has two options, come out or stay hidden. If he stays hidden, I am going to presume PB is a cleared villager, and recommend everyone else do the same (wolves will probably then use their nigth kill on PB tomorrow). If the evil unknown MR comes out (and I assume claims to be good), then we will vote between PB and the other MR. If PB (good in this scenario) is lynched, we will know automatically that the other MR is evil, and will lynch him on Day 3. If the MR is lynched in Scneario #2, we remove a wolf (well, off to Sparta), and we have a cleared villager in PB.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote